Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Goodmorning Sun, I am a bird...

As I drove to work along I-20 the other morning I happened to glance to my right across this big open field. Blankly gazing at this golden field, I noticed a large eagle soaring across the sky. I almost wrecked as I got totally lost in my thoughts...

That large bird was given an inborn ability to fly, massive wings and feathers, and the strength to lift its own body off the ground. At birth, the bird didn't know how to fly. With his innate ability given to him by God he probably learned by watching other birds to fly or merely by trial and error. After overcoming the fear of falling, the baby bird is left alone to figure out how to fly. Once off the ground, the bird flaps his wings hard and fast to lift his tiny body off of the ground and into the sky. The harder he flaps, the higher he goes... up, up, up... until finally the bird is high enough... he spreads his wings out into a cross and SOARS... the wind carries him across the sky... effortlessly, with grace, majesty, and beauty.

As humans, we are created in the image of God... to love God. We are given the innate ability to love, the knowledge to learn, and a life to do as we choose. I choose to fly, no matter how many times I may fall trying... I choose to flap my wings, sometimes hard without ascent... I choose to take the wind head on, facing the resistance even when I feel like I want to stop... I choose to fly in a flock with others, to be brothers and sisters, synchronized in our journey... I choose to fly, in the hopes that someday I will SOAR...

for JCR 11/18/05

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you shared this, Aim. You've got a true gift to be able to translate your thoughts into inspiring words...I want you to fly in my flock.

Anonymous said...

Ditto jcr's comment-jnr

Anonymous said...

I think I read this somewhere before. Did you write it?

Aim Claim said...

It's mine.

Greg said...

love it. I am a fan. ;)