Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Telephone a Friend

Ring-Ring...Ring-Ring...Ring-Ring... She ignores the call, too busy to even see who it is. Ring-Ring... Ring-Ring... with an annoyed sigh, she walks over to the phone and picks it up.

Hello... Oh, Hi! I haven't talked to you in forever... Well, I'm doing ok, I guess. I been struggling with some stuff lately, but I won't bother you with it....Sure, I would love to hang out sometime, but I don't really think I am going to have time soon. I have been super busy. You know, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done, ha-ha.... What? Well, of course I still want to be your friend, I have known you for such a long time... Don't be silly, We can still be best friends, even if we don't talk or hang out very often... No, I am not trying to REPLACE you with new friends. I know I haven't really treated you like my best friend lately, but I promise you still are...Why are you being like this, I don't have to hang out with you all the time. I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but to be totally honest, my new friends just don't like you that much. They say you hold me back, that I am more fun when you are not around. I mean, I'm the life of the party!... I don't care what you think.... I know you love me. What do you mean, how's my heart?... Stop being so overprotective, you're acting like my mom...Whatever, leave me alone!

SLAM... [DIAL TONE]

For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:5-6

4 comments:

Greg said...

I was think of that verse as I read the phone conversation. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! ovens

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Us car title loans Spyware doctor 2.1 serial japan phone cards Home decor cedar creek collection