Friday, December 23, 2005

My Santa Claus

For years, people have been believing in Santa Claus... a big man in a red suit with a big white beard who slides down the chimney and delivers presents to young children on Christmas. We all know it... we have all believed it. There comes a point where children start to ask questions, to doubt... loosing faith in something they were always certain of.

I want the faith of a child, believing no matter what... never doubting, always loving. I want to be filled with hope that my Santa comes with free gifts... and all I have to do is believe in Him. He doesn't need to be reminded of what I would like, but my Santa already knows what I need. My Santa loves it when I come to Him. He loves it when I sit on His lap and talk to Him. My Santa's love for me is not conditional. He doesn't just love me when I am good, he loves me when I am bad too. My Santa is not just a once a year deal, He is with me all the time, every day, in my heart. All I have to know is that Santa Claus is alive and that He loves me....all I have to do is believe in Him... my Santa.. my Jesus.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect analogy!--thank you!

Katie said...

love it aimee, perfect, let us draw near to the one who gives more than just gifts, who gives life abundantly

Mark D said...

Ah HA, I see from Katie's comment that your name is Aimee. I don't have to call you AC anymore.

So, Aimee, I want to say again that I enjoy reading your posts. Your heart for the Lord shows through in everything you write. Thanks for being such a blessing!

Mark D said...

Um, is Claim your last name? Actually, I'm just wondering about your last initial. I can "conform" your link on my blog with all the others now.

Aim Claim said...

Mark- Thank you! I appreciate you stopping by. I am so glad that Katie convinced me to start this... I love to write and it has been an amazing outlet for me. There is alot bouncing around up in my head, now others get to enjoy the chaos as well. My last name is not Claim, my initials are AR actually. Feel free to put Aimee.

Brent said...

Wonderful thoughts, wonderful.