Friday, December 09, 2005

My loves and hates

My hates... I hate breast augmentation, face lifts, and botox and for that matter- makeup; I mean God made us to deteriorate, it is the beauty of life. I hate long fake fingernails, you know the type that click on the keys of a computer. I hate bell-bottoms, scruncies, clogs, tie die, big bangs, or any other severely dated trend that people continue to rehash. I hate cockroaches. I hate dating reality television shows. I hate gossip magazines and America's obsession with famous people's lives, I mean they are humans just like we are and no one cares when I go to the park to walk my dog. I hate screaming kids in airplanes, and that guy who leans his chair back into your lap. I hate karaoke, an attempt for it to be ok to sing off key... it is NEVER ok to sing off key. Oh yeah, and $3 gas.

So many loves... I love good music. I love deciding what to eat hours before meal time. I love Clemson... the campus, the team, the people, the memories. I love surprises, but not the kind that you see coming at all, I like the kind when you really don't have a clue. I love a good book. A comfortable T-shirt. An unexpected phone call. I love a glass of wine after an exhausting day. I love being a bum on my couch in my robe after a good jog and a long hot shower. I love it when a guy is a gentlemen, not because he was raised the way, but just because he wants to. I love friends where you can pick up right where you left off, no matter how long it has been. I love board games. I love family time. I love getting out of the city to realizing that you can see the stars... I love stopping the hustle and bustle of my life just long enough to be still.

3 comments:

Mark D said...

I love honest people. I love looking at bodies of water, whether a small pond or an ocean, because that, like looking at stars, takes me away from the hustle and bustle of things and brings me back to God's peace. Concerning good friends who you can pick up where you left off with, I read something the other day: "Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them but you know they are always there."

I hate labels and stereotypes and I hate society, media, or Hollywood telling me what I should think is right, hip, or sexy. I, like you, hate breast augmentation, but the stereotype of all males is that a woman's chest is all we look at...and big is what we expect. Please!! God made all of us different and unique, inside and out. I guess I would have to say that I believe in breast augmentation in extreme circumstances (restoration of what was there before), like if a woman lost 100+ pounds or if she lost a breast due to cancer. Oh yeah, and I hate the pressure to get rid of my mullet just because it's not in anymore (kidding on that one...although I did have one years ago). Good post AC!

Aim Claim said...

AWESOME, enjoyed your thoughts mark!
ps. praise the Lord that we are all different and unique inside and out... it wouldn't be worth living if we weren't!

Anonymous said...

I have just added you to my favourites and will come back again soon. Superb work on this personal blog. Perhaps you will really enjoy looking at my blog. augmentation advice