Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Driving Me Crazy!

I was prompted to write this blog by a very aggravating drive to work this morning... one of my biggest weaknesses is patience, and when in the car, I am tested most! I have summarized what drives me crazy into 10 types of drivers (hopefully you can relate)...

The Rubber Necker - these drivers slow unnecessarily to view an accident that they could be seeing later on the local news, please keep your hands, feet and necks inside the vehicle at all tiems
The Shoulder Cutter- standstill traffic really tests me...so when I am on the brink of loosing it, the shoulder cutter really sets me off as he impatiently zooms by along the shoulder bypassing the fairness of something we all learned 1st grade... the line!
The Break Rider - due to a longing to drive a go-cart instead of a car, the break rider uses both feet- one on the gas and one on the break, therefore signaling all drivers behind them that they are breaking while also moving forward
The Slow Poke - the most frustrating of drivers to me are the slow pokes who feel the need to drive in the fast lane while cruising below the speed limit causing all drivers to pass them on the right
The Turn Lane Parker - in an attempt to be closest to the traffic light, these drivers stop at the red light in the right lane blocking anyone else from being able to turn right
The Mattress Toter - It amazes me that people continually try to tote their mattresses down the highway in the back of a pickup without tying them down?!? ... get a trailer- I can promise you, it's going to fly out!
The HOV Hog- it seems to me that the HOV lane was invented to help speed traffic along and to encourage carpooling... why would someone get onto the HOV lane who is planning to travel slower than the flow of traffic- why not just travel in the right hand lane, buddy!
The Cop Breaker - I realize that I am more educated than most of society, but I don't understand why people slow down when there is a cop on the oncoming side of the highway... I mean, what is the cop going to do- jump over the concrete median with his cop car and chase after you?
The Thumper- the thumper is characterized by excessively loud music reverberating from the car. These vibrations often travel from the thumper and into the other surrounding cars, causing me to feel my internal organs shaking up into my throat. The thumper can also be identified by some other car features ie. large rims, two tone paint jobs, under lighting, or hydraulics.
The Tailgater - maybe I should get a bigger bumper sticker

Dear Lord, today I pray for patience!!!

4 comments:

JCR said...

You're a funny girl.

Katie said...

OH MY WORD - this is my list, are you inside my head every time I drive. Yep, patience I lack but words of rebuke for all other drivers I have in abundance.

Mark D said...

#11 - The Not-Turning Signaler: They drive down the highway not realizing their turn signal is on and you are hesitant to pass because they might just be waiting until you TRY to pass before they decide to switch lanes. I have found that these are often The Thumper driver because they can't hear the signal clicks. Argghhh!

Aim Claim said...

Ohhhhhh... great one, I forgot about the not-turning signaler!