Friday, May 26, 2006

First Love

Foolish is the first love,
Believing it's the last,
The innocence and fun,
And memories of the past.

If I had only known,
How much better it could get,
I would have walked away,
Never fearing I'd forget.

I wouldn't have been ready,
To meet the perfect man,
If my heart had not been broken,
If we had met outside God's plan.

Once two we are now one,
God prepared our hearts to meet,
His timing, it was perfect,
Two people, now complete.

Foolish is the first love,
I've found one that's for real,
My last love is my first love now,
This forever love God seals.

Sunday Scribblings Topic : First Love

12 comments:

JCR said...

You amaze me.

Anonymous said...

I. Love. This. Poem.

Wow, this one tops my list of your amazing poetry. By the way, I answered your question in the comments but in case you didnt see it I use a Canon Powershot G3.

Really, lovely poem. You should read it at your wedding.
a.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!

Jessie said...

What an incredible poem! It resonates deeply with me. I think it would resonate deeply with anyone. How could it not?!

papyrus said...

A beautiful poem and some wonderful sentiments expressed. God bless.

Annie Jeffries said...

This poem/memory could not be more timely for me. I would like to slip it under my daughter's pillow.

paris parfait said...

Such a beautiful poem! I think most people can identify with those sentiments. Thank you for sharing your poem here.

HoBess said...

I, too, would love to share this with my daughter some day. It ve touched me on so many levels.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

love poem, the love that never says the last line, but keeps on loving anew!

Annie Z said...

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.
JTL
xxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

Unknown said...

This is a lovely poem! Thanks for sharing.