Thursday, May 11, 2006

Aim's Voice on American Idol

Ok, so I don't know if you watched American Idol last night, but if you did, you know there was a BIG STINK about Chris getting kicked off. Yup! that is right I said Chris! Everyone predicted him the favorite, and look where we are now.

How it happened: I think that America got a little too secure in Chris's victory that they decided to spend their time voting for the underdogs instead. As a result, Chris fell at the bottom.

My feeling on Chris: Ok, so I have never been one to like the rocker on American Idol, I don't really feel like the rocker belongs there. While I like rock music, I feel like the whole point of rock music is the band. Ok, lets take a look at the best in rock music... You ever heard of the Syd Barrett band, of course you haven't, that's because the band is called Pink Floyd. You ever heard of the Mick Jagger band, no way... that's because it is called the Rolling Stones instead. Jerry Garcia band... not called that, they're called The Grateful Dead. Bono band... nope, called U2. You get my point... the best in rock bands made it big because they were BANDS, not because of the lead singer! CHRIS IS A ROCK STAR SELLOUT!

My vote: I LOVE TAYLOR! I am a HUGE fan of Taylor and have been since way before the top 12! I don't care that he dances funny, I think that is what is so great about him... he has fun! He is the true definition of an entertainer. He is the black sheep of the competition and I am pulling for him! I could understand the argument that he may not be "American Idol" material, and I have to agree, I was pleasantly surprised that he has made it this far. Case and point, he pulls out GREAT performance after great performance! He is my pick for the non-stereotypical American Idol winner 2006! Sing it Taylor!!!!

So that is it... I would love to hear your thoughts. I think Chris is extremely talented, and I wish him the best of luck in his future career! Let the competition continue...

3 comments:

Greg said...

I like Katharine.

Great voice. Little Ditsy... but easy on the eyes as well.

I have McPheever.

;)

JCR said...

I was ready for Chris to go, but I think Elliot should have gone first.

Mark D said...

I totally agree on this one. Chris has an incredible voice, and I think if he joins a band and flies under the radar, he'll have a long career. However, if he tries to do something as a guest or "featured singer" (like Fuel featuring Chris Daughtery), he'll end up shooting himself in the foot. Hey, maybe Van Halen could use him.