Friday, May 19, 2006

Foreigner

I am a foreigner, an alien, an outsider. I am not a citizen... I am merely a resident. I live and work here just waiting for the time when I can go home. This place where I now live is comfortable. I like it here, but I think it is because I don't really know what home is like. I haven't ever been home, but I know that it is going to be AMAZING when I do. I often feel alone here, in this distant land, and I wonder if I will ever fit in. It's ok if I don't fit in, because I know that I am different from this place. My heart has been molded, shaped, and changed and for that reason I am often cast away. I have to admit, I don't really want to conform to the way people are here. I know it might make life here easier, but I am proud to be the way that I am... and I am proud to call Heaven home.... I can't wait to get back home. My citizenship is in Heaven... Heaven is my home.

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Phillipians 3:20-21

1 comment:

Greg said...

I like this post. I work with International Students everyday... so I can relate with idea of Citizenship and how important it is.

Cool post.