Monday, May 22, 2006

Butterflies in my stomach

Ok, so I currently have butterflies in my stomach due to some nervousness and anxiety. I HATE this feeling! Singing solos, big tests, first kisses... this feeling re-occurs to me every so often when things getting me nervous.

So in order to calm myself down I decided to find out what it was causing these butterflies. Come to find out, scientists say, "that the body has two brains - the familiar one encased in the skull and a lesser known but vitally important one found in the human gut Like Siamese twins, the two brains are interconnected ; when one gets upset, the other does, too. The gut's brain, known as the enteric nervous system, is located in sheaths of tissue lining the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon. Considered a single entity, it is a network of neurons, neurotransmitters and proteins that zap messages between neurons, support cells like those found in the brain proper and a complex circuitry that enables it to act independently, learn, remember and, as the saying goes, produce gut feelings."

CRAZY huh? So, does that mean that when my gut says that it wants an entire roll of raw cookie dough, that I should "go with my gut" haha!

2 comments:

JCR said...

You are smart...and funny! Hey...we got engaged one month ago today...can you believe it?!

Aim Claim said...

AWESOME!

My notice has been given...No more butterflies now till my first day of my NEW JOB!!!!

ps. I love that you are good with dates JCR... :)