Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My Junk

Everyone's got one. It's your best kept secret. Maybe no one even knows about it. Its that place where you stick everything that doesn't have a place... where its ok for things to be thrown about, disheveled, unorganized, and just plain messy! Junk, strewn about, no order... confusing and frustrating to you every time look. What is she talking about you ask... your JUNK DRAWER! Don't deny it, I know you have one. You tuck things away and swear that you will organize it someday. The thing is, you try and try again, but it never really happens. Every time you clean it up, it just becomes a collection of your junkiest of things again and again.

There are things about each of our lives that are messy... full of junk. We leave that mess tucked away for no one else to see. We are embarrassed and ashamed for anyone to see it. The worst part is we don't even know where to start to clean it up.

"Come as you are", He says... I want you and your baggage. You can't hide your junk from me...

Why not start cleaning today?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gross...i have two of them sitting in front of me...


TGR

Mark D said...

A good reminder - thanks AC!

BTW, I really like your blog and put a link to it on mine. I look forward to reading more from you.

Anonymous said...

OK let's see what i have here...
3 sugar free cough drops(good to stop a cough), a battery tester( to be sure to use up all of the battery before tossing), a pack of PEZ candy from 2 years ago(minimal in food value), an assortment of at least 1 dz. pens in and out of working order (most work is on the computer but I can't bring myself to throw them out but can't find refills), 7 rulers (just in case I need to measure something 7 feet long?),1ea. $.37 stamp(antiquated by email, soon to be not enough to mail something), 3 razor envelope openers (antiquated by email), 1 white out pen (antiquatd by email), a Sanford Pink Pearl eraser (antiquated by email)... hmmmm a trend... and a key ring with a bunch of unidentifiable keys. Gosh I am such a mess. WOW, I get it, time changes the definition of junk... sometimes to "junque." In and of itself junk is not bad. It is what you do or don't do with it or how you allow it to run your life that matters. Junk can stir comfortable memories. what is kept as Junque reveals the inner self. I guess I am FOR Selective Junque. There you have it another day of an undisturbed desk drawer justified.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »