Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ignored Call

As the playful tune rings from her purse, she digs to find the source of that familiar noise. Dig... dig... dig... yes! Finally in the depths of her purse, she is able to feel blindly for her small vibrating cell phone and pull it out of the abyss so that she can see who is calling. As she glances at the screen, she decides that she doesn't have time to take the call, and she thinks nothing of pressing the "Ignore" button.

Whatever the reason may be... "I don't have time"... "I don't want to discuss what it is that he/she is calling about"... "I'll just let them leave a message, it will be easier"..."he/she wants something and I don't want to give it to them" We've all ignored a call... or two. We've all become so accessible with cell phones and yet, with that access and information comes more freedom to make a choice about whether we want to respond.

Sometimes I feel as if the Lord ignores my calls... I get down on my knees and with prayer and petition, pour out my heart... but I hear nothing, he doesn't answer. "Is the Lord ignoring me?" I say to myself.

The Lord is the almighty, all knowing, and a wonderful listener... he hears ALL of our prayers, and with his vast knowledge that is beyond our understanding he will answer all of our prayers. Sometimes the answer is "yes"... sometimes it is "no"...and so often he says "not now". He never ignores our calls... he is merely waiting to answer until the time is PERFECT acording to his most perfect plan for our lives.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:20

No comments: