Thursday, June 16, 2011

Daughter of a KING

As I watched the royal wedding back in April, I sat back and dreamed of the dress, of the castle, of the glamor, of the wealth, of the power, of the prince...  what a life!  We dream of this fairytale life where we are swept off our feet and into the life of royalty.  It seems so glamorous until I take notice of all the scrutiny that also comes with such a crown.  Every slip up and fault is noticed; so many observant eyes follow her every move.  While the perks are many, there are also many people who sit back and say "why would anyone chose that life? That's forever." 

A friend of mine recently painted "Daughter of the King" onto her unborn daughters bedroom wall and it got me thinking... I'm royalty too.  I wasn't born into this kingdom, but just like Kate, I have chosen a life of royalty and all that comes with it.  I may be persecuted, I may be chastised, and I may be praised... no matter how others treat me, I know that I have been promised the kingdom.  It's mine, and nothing can take that away.  I am the daughter of the King.

As we near father's day, I remember all that my earthly father has done for me.  He has provided for me, taught me, mentored me, and loved me... through the highs and the lows... he is there through it all.  This fathers day, I while I will take time to thank my father for all that he has done and continues to do in my life... I also want to remember my heavenly father... my king... the one who promises me the kingdom.  I am the daughter of a KING.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that made me smile. i hope someday harper has those same thoughts about her earthly AND her heavenly father.