Tuesday, August 01, 2006

In Bulk

I don't know about you, but every time I go to Sam's or Costco, I am overwhelmed the minute I step in the door by the massive bulk amts of stuff. I pay the yearly fee to have a "membership" to such a place and then I merely walk around, never purchasing anything. Why not? you wonder. Well, I guess I just don't have room. I especially get excited when visiting the frozen foods isle or the gum isle, but then I am quickly shot back into reality, realizing that 24 cordon blues would be enough for me to eat cordon blue for almost an entire month straight. Case and point... I hate buying in bulk! I don't have room to keep the stuff around, and I sure don't use it fast enough to justify buying so much. As a result, I have a membership to Sam's that is pretty much worthless, and I make a trip to the grocery store about every other week, just to pick up the necessities.

I find that sometimes I don't want God in bulk either. I will stroll around, looking at what I should take home, and then I walk out so as to not be overwhelmed. Instead I take small pieces of Him, only enough to stay satisfied... never really filling myself up. Its like I know that I can always get God, so I fill my life up with other things instead of filling up the excess room that I have with Him. I am sick of taking advantage of the fact that God is accessible... I want God in bulk...I want to fill up...I want leave no space for things of this world... for with His eternal love I will never need more.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi! Would you mind stopping by my site when you get a chance? I just put up a time sensitive post about my upcoming missions trip to Jamaica in regards to fundraising and prayer support.

Thank you so much, and may God bless you today!!

~Stephanie

Katie said...

i want that too aims

Mark D said...

Great analogy! I want that too.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Valium pamela anderson ferrari 365 gt 2 2 benzodiazepines such as lorazepam xanax valium klonopin torino opening + ferrari Virtual host in irc provigil+prescription Maximum annual 401k contribution