Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dragon Inside the Teacher

Ode to patience, precious patience,
Soothe my angry head,
The calmness comes with smiles for all,
From morning until bed.

But something evil inside the kids,
Can take it all away,
And soon the dragon leaps around,
And this is is what she'd say...

"Oh evil child, please do sit down,
don't ever speak again,
Or I will tear you all apart
You won't know where you've been.

Keep your head from turning round,
And tune your ears to me,
Or else those ears will soon me mine,
And deaf you'll surely be.

I don't care that you have to pee,
You shouldn't have drank more,
To write a pass would be the end,
So don't leak on the floor.

You're here to learn, so listen up,
You'd better take some notes,
Or you will wish you never lived,
And hope your body floats.

You need a pencil, did you say?
What're ya gonna do?
Did'ya plan to pull it out of air?
We'll then get some paper too!"

Yes there is a dragon there,
She holds her tongue instead,
And come to teach another day,
With patience and a tired head.

For Sunday Scribblings, Topic: Dragon

3 comments:

Old Egg said...

This is a delight because it took me back quite a few years to when as a child I cowered from that dragon in front of the class.

Unknown said...

I remember that dragon.

I have become that dragon! HA! I guess it happens as you age!

lol

http://myscatteredstones.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-scribblings-216.html

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, your teacher-dragon sounded a lot like my mom-dragon. You had me nodding my head and smiling while I read!

- Dina