Sunday, August 01, 2010

Pray for Guatemala

One year ago,  I took a leap of faith and headed out with a group of 15 others to Zacapa, Guatemala to a small orphanage and church there.  I didn't know much about what I was to do there except that I felt like the Lord was calling me to be present and to love kids.  Many would say a week is short, but that week had more impact on my life than so many weeks all put together... I was broken, moved, inspired and filled with joy.  While I have spent a lifetime trying to find joy in the things I have, what I do, or where I live, these children were just happy to be.  We embraced without hesitation, spoke in a language of hugs, and experienced the love of Christ in each other.  I finally understood what grace looks like.  I went to Guatemala hoping to give, and I returned having been given so much. 

Yesterday, 15 more people from my church left for Zacapa, Guatemala to do just as I did last summer.  I am sad to not be going with them, and yet excited for the impact that they will have there.  Please pray for those who serve... for safe travel, for open arms and hearts, and for those precious children in Guatemala.

 **  This is a video I helped to make upon our return home last summer in an effort to call others to action.**

No comments: