Wednesday, June 28, 2006

JOY

Happiness is a smile, but JOY is attitude.
Happiness is a friend, but JOY is a friendship.
Happiness is a sunset, but JOY is knowing it will rise again.
Happiness is being unique , but JOY is freedom.
Happiness is a kiss, but JOY is love.
Happiness is a house, but JOY is a home.
Happiness is a diamond ring, but JOY is a marriage.
Happiness is hot coffee, but JOY is a warm heart.
Happiness is a job well done, but JOY is pride.
Happiness is sharing, but JOY is giving it all.
Happiness is trust, but JOY is faith.
Happiness is what I do, but JOY is who I am.
Happiness is having money, but JOY is having an inheritance in Heaven.
Happiness is fleeting, but JOY is in my heart always.
Happiness is my strength, but JOY is my strength in the Lord.

Do not weep, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

3 comments:

Katie said...

and yet we (and i mean me) often base everything on whether we are happy or not, such a fleeting thing

while joy, being rooted in the very being of God is neither based on the temporary or fleeting, it is always there, always able to be grasped, and never ending in its depth

thanks aim, i needed this reminder today

tonymyles said...

YES! Definitely different from each other... although somewhat related. Kind of like me and my weird cousin.

Mark D said...

Wonderfully written!