Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Trade

She walks the aisles... up and down, up and down, up and down. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for, but she knew that she needed to be looking. Lots of people offered to sell her things... everything had a price. As she walked the aisles, her load became heavier and heavier. She was tired, weighed down, but she didn't know how to rest. She walked alone... up and down, up and down... heavier and heavier, heavier and heavier... until finally she couldn't walk any more. The burden was too heavy for her to bear it alone, she needed help. She needed someone to help her. She took one more step, and then crumbled to the ground.

There was someone in front of her, He was strong and tall.

"Let's trade" He said, as He carefully lifted her heavy burden up and onto His broad shoulders. In return, she got His... It was light... easy... free.

"So I don't owe you anything?" she said.

"No" He replied "it's already been paid for"

Gently He helped her up and held her close... to rest... peacefully.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

2 comments:

steve said...

AHHHH... This made me smile!!

THANKS!

Katie said...

aim, you have a heart of gold, the voice of an angel, and the mind of the wise

you bless me daily friend