Thursday, March 09, 2006

Carpe Diem

What lies within you? Now, I am not referring to your resume, or your past experiences, how you look, or what other people think of you... I am talking about that thing that lies deep within your soul... the thing that makes you strong when you think you can't be strong any longer, the thing that makes you reach when what you are reaching for looks too far away, the think that makes you believe in yourself when no one else can, or the thing that makes you keep dreaming when everyone else thinks your dreams are crazy. To find your passion is to unleash your excellence. And to unleash one's excellence is to find more than success... it is finding yourself. The past is gone, and the future isn't here yet... so all we really have is the present. What are you gonna do with yours?

6 comments:

Greg said...

I am going to go home and watch TV and eat potato chips.

lol.

Of course I am kidding... but I have to figure out what my passion is first... guess I am still finding myself. That's okay though... I am looking to the Lord and trying to figure out what he wants me to do... so for today, I am praying. Praying for wisdom and clarity ... that he will to reveal what his will is for my life. Does that count as "seizing the day?"

steve said...

GONNA SING!!!

Mark D said...

I will seize the day - not to attempt something great, but to take one more step toward being somebody great. The outer greatness will be a natural byproduct of inner greatness.

Becoming a person of greatness takes tenacity. I liken it to climbing a very tall ladder that is set up against a brick wall. You take a step up, but everything looks the same. Another step. No change in view. Same boring bricks. More steps, each one growing a little more difficult due to weariness. But, like you wrote, we must reach deeper. Each one of those steps takes us closer to the moment that we overcome and see over the wall. Each day we have a decision to make - whether we take one more seemingly meaningless step, stay where we are, or start back down.

Today I will take another step up.

Katie said...

hmmmm searching for my passion right now, it's in there somewhere

you always make me think aim, love that about you

Patti said...

My passion right now is to be more Christ like. It has been difficult. Of course it is always in relationships. I can tell that I have succeeded at times and failed at times. But I continue.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work two card texas holdem Waterbed mattressindiana Iowa culinary school pontiac bonneville 1993 pay bill on line http://www.venlafaxine-and-bipolar-disorder.info/waterbed-dupont.html Cisco interface counter reset Radar detectors dvd players mp3 electroniczilla.com Camping songs Refinancing mortgages in the united kingdom Girls sucks fat cock Leopard print bra plus size Sexy amateur brunette Rental cars tieri Surveillance web