Monday, March 27, 2006

Complain

Why is it in my nature to complain, to be totally frustrated when things don't go my way. Why do I argue with my superiors when I should be submitting to them? Why do I argue with my loved ones, when they are acting out of love? Why do I argue with God when his plan is different than mine?

The dictionary defines complaining as as “an expression of unhappiness, dissatisfaction, or discontent.” Basically complaining is the outward expression of discontent from within. But wait... I am not discontent with life! I love life... I love my family... and I love my God! Why would I want to act in a way that expresses to others that I am discontent, when my heart is right with God and my loved ones love me more than I deserve?

When I complain I make God displeased because I am not being thankful for all that He has given me. Regardless of whatever circumstances may cause discontent or dissatisfaction in my life, complaining is always an expression of unbelief toward God’s order in my life. My complaining opens doors for the Devil to come in and cause havoc in my life and in my heart. People don't complain because they have problems, they have problems because they complain. Complaining doesn't change anything or make a situation better, it merely amplifies frustration. I have no reason to complain. The Lord blesses me EVERY DAY! Instead of complaining, I should do just the opposite... I am to be filled with gratefulness and thanksgiving. God is Good!

1 comment:

Katie said...

"complaining merely amplifies frustration"

what a true statement

Aim you challenge me, you encourage me, you sharpen me, and you teach me

I'm so thankful I am blessed to call you a friend and that I get to see this part of your heart and mind