Friday, March 03, 2006

Journey's Faithfully

So, last night I went to dinner with a friend that I hadn’t seen in a while. We enjoyed some good ole Pei Wei and then decided to stop by the new local ice cream shop Pokey O’s (for those of you who live in Dallas, I highly recommend it- It is in Park Cities Plaza at Mocking Bird and 75). My friend and I get our AMAZING ice cream sandwiches and then we sit down, I set my purse down on the table, and we ate. We said our goodbyes and we got in our cars to leave. As I put the keys in the ignition, I was delighted to hear Journey’s “Faithfully” come on the radio. Immediately, I got super pumped up… there is something special about being in the car by yourself and hearing a great song. In the music lover’s handbook, it clearly states when songs like Journey’s “Faithfully” come on, you are required to turn it up and sing at the top of your lungs… so I wouldn’t want to go against the handbook! And let me just tell you, I was BUSTIN’ IT OUT, crazy Journey voice and all! Being the sweet girlfriend that I am, while singing this song, I was reminded of my boyfriend who once started a group sing-along of “Faithfully” at a bar (classic moment for a later blog entry). I decided that I should call him to tell him that the song was on, so I reached in my open purse to get my phone and I realized that his name was on the phone screen… oh it gets better…the timer was going on about 10 min.

I put it to my ear “Hello?” I asked.

“Hey baby!” He said with a chuckle.

“Did I just call you? I was going to tell you that Journey’s Faithfully is on the radio, can you hear it?”

“Oh yeah, I heard it, and so did Matt, Vance and Kelly (his co-worker, his boss, and his boss’s wife). You were on speaker phone!”

I WAS MORTIFIED!!!!!!

14 comments:

Katie said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh Aims, that is CLASSIC.

You have a great voice though so they were all entranced by your singing prowness.

Aim Claim said...

But I did the Journey voice!

Common, you can hear it can't you
"I’m forever yours...faithfully"

Katie said...

oh girl I'm singing along with you right now

Greg said...

Ahahahahahahahahaha....

Not the best way to use 10 minutes of your 15 minutes of fame though.

Classic.

JCR said...

You, as always, brought a huge smile to my face last night. Hopefully the embarassment has subsided somewhat. :)

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud here at work and had to share the story with some of my co-workers. They loved it!

But Aims, please remember that the road ain't no place to start a family, so be careful while singing and driving...

Aim Claim said...

Oh girl you stand by me...

JCR said...

When I sing along to this song, I even sing the guitar solos. "Faithfully" stands alone when it comes to songs to sing loudly while driving or whilst enjoying a pint at ye old Gingerman.

Aim Claim said...

That is so funny JC because I was telling this story to a co-worker and she asked me to sing the song for her...

I sang "I'm forever yours... Faithfully... bow, now, now, bow, now-now... bow, now, now, bow, now-now"

Love it!

steve said...

Brilliant

Eddo said...

Pokey O's - I have heard about it! I may need to stop by there on my way to the Mavs game today! Sounds delish - any recommendations?

Aim Claim said...

Cappuccino cookies with coffee ice cream center... its like heaven!

Mark D said...

"Faithfully" is one of my all-time favorite songs - HILARIOUS story!!! That one made me smile.

tricia said...

ha! so bridget jones-eque, aim i am cracking up right now :) ah i miss your funny stories!

p.s. i heart journey! "Highway run,
into the midnight sun..."