Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fashion... yikes!

I was looking back at some old pictures this past weekend. I was embarrassed by some of the fashion trends that I was sporting, 5-10 yrs ago. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being in fashion as much as the next person. But as I was looking through these old pictures, I couldn't help but think about some of my current fashion trends that I will definitely cringe at in 10 yrs.

1. Pointy toed shoes - Heels should not double as weapons.
2. High-water pants and capri pants- Just in case there are floods.
3. Shawls/ pashmina- Wouldn't it be just as easy to carry a blanket around?
4. Popped collars - How did this trend start? Were people worried about getting sunburn on their necks? This trend is especially ridiculous when there are multiple layers of popped collared shirts! unnecessary!
5. Ugs - Especially silly when worn in 75 degree weather in Texas?!?
6. Sequin purses - Is that a disco ball on your shoulder?
7. Jeans and heels - It is a casual outfit or is it a dressy outfit?
8. Scarves - Should be reserved for warmth, right? But scarves, but no jacket? what?
9. Chandelier earrings- Is it one dangle earring, or is it six dangles?
10. Jean mini-skirts with cowboy boots - Nothing to be said... you definitely won't find pictures of me EVER sporting this trend!

If only Adam and Eve had left the apple alone?!?

11 comments:

Katie said...

ahahahaha, I'm with you on all of these

Aim Claim said...

oh yeah! I LOVE jeans with my pointy heels! They do wonders to your feet, but I LOVE THEM!

Stephanie said...

hahahahahaha What you don't realize, is that SO MUCH of this is back in style again! Sequin purses, heels with jeans, capris.. girl! I wear it all! hahahaha

Aim Claim said...

THAT'S WHAT I AM SAYING! I WEAR THEM ALL, and I am gonna cringe at them in 5-10 years when I look at pictures of me from 2006!!!! (minus the cowboy boots and skirt)

Greg said...

Women where cowboy boots with their skirts? LOL.

Greg said...

wear... not where.

Patti said...

Don't throw any of those clothes away. They will come back. One of the advantages of being older. Clogs were in style in the 80's and now they are back. Mini skirts, pointy toed shoes, scarfs and shawls were all big at one time during my life. Keep those clothes girl-store them and you will have the originals.

tricia said...

don't forget to add low rise jeans! :)

tricia said...

and flip flops...with everything! oh how i love flip flops :)

tricia said...

and in regards to popped collars, "popping a collar without having gone to prep school is like wearing pilot's wings without having ever been in a plane"

Aim Claim said...

trish... haha! you are funny girl!