Sunday, April 23, 2006

I'm Engaged!!!!!!!!!

I don’t normally talk about myself on my blog, but I have REALLY BIG NEWS from this past weekend… I AM ENGAGED!!!!

Ok, here is the story. Yesterday JCR took me to the Dallas Arboretum. It was a beautiful day and the flowers were in bloom! We walked around the arboretum for almost an hour and then we stopped under a tree in the shade (it was perfect weather yesterday, about 85). JCR pulled out a journal that he had been writing in since September (when we first started dating). He read me about 15 entries and then he handed me his journal and told me to flip the last page…. this is what I found:


Shaking, I put the most beautiful ring EVER on my finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So…. That’s it! I am ENGAGED! I can’t believe it!

I have to admit, I keep looking down at my finger and I don’t believe my hand belongs to me!!!!

I have three thank yous...

First of all, thank you to all of you who have been supportive of our relationship from the beginning, who had faith in all that we stood for, and who knew that our hearts were meant to be together.

Thank you to both of our families for all of their love and support. I have been praying for years for a man to sweep me off my feet, but I could have never imagined that I would get to join such an amazing family as well… a family that is as loving and as supportive as mine.

Lastly, I thank God for placing JCR in my life. We have known each other since 7th grade and it just so amazing that God brought us back together at the most perfect time… a time where we were both ready to experience all that He had to give us. I am blessed to have found the most wonderful love... a love that stems from the most pefect love... God's love.

15 comments:

tricia said...

aim! congratulations honey! i couldn't be more excited for you!! :)

JCR said...

I love you, baby.

Katie said...

So excited for both of you. I've loved getting to watch (if even in a small way) the two of you grow in your relationship. You both make me smile when I see the two of you together. I have a hug all ready to give you and lots of squealing and oohing and ahhhing to do over the ring but that will have to wait until Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

love it, love it, love it. So happy for you both. BTW. I love that Friends episode too. For sure one of the top 10 for me.

Much love future Mrs. JCR.

MLS

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS
YOUR RING IS BEAUTIFUL
HAPPY DAYS TO BOTH OF YOU.

GRAMMY

Deals On Wheels said...

Congratulations!! That is so great! And to think I was bike riding with my beau around the lake that same afternoon. What a wonderful day for a proposal!! The ring is gorgeous!

Amstaff Mom said...

OH Aim!!! I so excited for you both!!! You both seem like wonderful people, and your focus is all in the right place.

Congratulations on your engagement and may God bless your marriage in a most wonderful way.

CONGRATS!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Ryan!

Your daddy is beside himself. He thinks you got the right guy. That's 2/3rds of the battle.

I pray GOD will Bless you and your fiance as you prepare to shore up your marriage plans. I am so glad you are equally Yoked and focused on God in your lives. Jesus is the answer!

God Bless you
Paul Allen

Mark D said...

Congrats Aimee!!!!!!

:)

That is AWESOME!! The ring is absolutely gorgeous, the proposal quite romantic and creative, and you both make a fantastic looking couple!

God is FAITHFUL!

Greg said...

NO WAY!

HEY!!!! Congratulations!

Brent said...

Yooooo Aimee.

I'm super super happy for you, that's amazing! I know how you're feeling:

April 15 I asked my girlfriend Kim to marry me, and I'm probably about as pumped up as you are. Congratulations.

steve said...

Aim

Dont really know you but I have been able to "know you" through your blog. I know that your heart is in the right place and I can imagine that JCR is on that page also! Congrats to you guys and praise God for the blessinG!

tonymyles said...

Congrats! Good days!

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »