Friday, April 21, 2006

My Suitcase

I have a suitcase. My suitcase is big, cumbersome, and heavy... and yet I still carry it everywhere I go. I keep my suitcase full, but somehow I always manage to find room to squish in one more thing when I need to. I don't just carry my stuff, I carry stuff for other people too. My suitcase is old, and worn on the bottom from where I drag it behind me. The weight of the load often makes me tired, my back hurts, and I get weak... but when I fall, I usually just pick my suitcase right back up again.

Then, I saw this ad in the church newsletter about this guy who would carry it for me. I thought I would give it a try, I mean, what did I have to lose? The ad said his services were free, but I couldn't possibly imagine something like that being free. Everything has a price, right? I called Him, and we talked for a long while. I told Him about all the stuff I had in my suitcase, and He promised me that He would take care of them. As I left, I heaved with every ounce in me and I threw my suitcase up and onto His shoulders. Immediately, I felt my self lift up, light, as if standing on a cloud. I smiled and waved at Him, "I'll talk to you soon Jesus, thank you!"

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7