Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Rose


There is unquestionably no flower as beautiful or as loved as a rose. Roses are the undisputed favorite of both growers and flower buyers alike. They come in many shades, all with a different meaning and they provide a light and sweet scent that can freshen a room. With such beauty and grace in each and every bloom, it is crazy to think that this loved flower is simply a garden shrub! Beneath the beautiful blanket of roses are the strong stems that hold the blooms up tall. Each stem is covered with thorns, typically sickle-shaped hooks, which aid the rose in hanging onto other vegetation to help growth.

So your thinking to yourself... "the thorns have a purpose?" Like the rose, we too are grown, nurtured, and cared for from the moment that we are planted. We can't expect to be beautiful from the very beginning, our gardener will have to prune us, water us and make sure that we have light. In the light, we will grow tall, and strong, reaching to the heavens... but we are never without thorns. The thorns in our lives are not there to hurt us, and they are not there to hurt others. It's those thorns that help us to climb and grow into the most beautiful person we can be.

6 comments:

Katie said...

i need another word other than beautiful, insightful, and deep to describe your writings but I am comming up with none.

Aims you have an ability to take something and put it into beautiful words that paint a picture in my head and a deep feeling in my heart.

I love that about you, it is a very special gift you have.

Greg said...

And like the rose... I add life to every room I enter...

:)

Aim Claim said...

You are funny, I just laughed out loud as I read your message! ha!

Mark D said...

Good post, Aimee.

"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" is one of my favs. Next time I hear it I'll think of your post. :)

Amstaff Mom said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »