Monday, January 09, 2006

Hope and Fear

Hope and fear... while these two seem to be on opposite ends of the emotional spectrum of life, they are in fact linked (if not one in the same). Without fear, hope need not exist... without hope, fear overpowers. With nothing in life to fear and nothing to hope for we are left with nothing... never to be satisfied or happy. Finding the perfect balance between hope and fear is the juggling act that we all perform each and every day of life. There are days when my head is in the clouds, and there are days when I am so ridden with anxiety that I can't sleep, but when I zoom out to see the big picture of life, I realize that this balance is what makes my life worth living. The path I walk along is dark. That darkness places a fear in my heart, but the hope that I have in my God has given me the peace to keep walking even though I don't know what is ahead. Into the darkness...