Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Golden Birthday!

In honor of my Golden Birthday (turning 25 on the 25th- for those of you who don't know what a golden birthday is), I thought I would take you back in time to the day I was born!

News, January 25, 1981:
52 Americans held hostage by Iran for 444 days arrived back in US. Mao's widow Jiang Qing was sentenced to death.

Music:
Top 5 Songs of 1981:
1. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
2. Endless Love - Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
3. Lady - Kenny Rogers
4. Starting Over - John Lennon
5. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield

Movies:
Best Picture: Chariots of Fire

TV:
Top 5 shows in 1981:
1. Dallas
2. 60 Minutes
3. The Dukes of Hazzard
4. Private Benjamin
5. M*A*S*H

Clothes:
Althetic wear, inspired by Olivia Newton-John's hit song and video "Let's Get Physical" makes headbands and legwarmers the garments of the moment.

Sports:
January 25, 1981 - Super Bowl XV (at New Orleans): Oakland Raiders 27, Philadelphia Eagles 10. The second Super Bowl win for the Raiders (they won Super Bowl XI), this one belonged to Oakland all the way. They led 14-0 after one quarter, 14-3 at the half and 24-3 after three quarters. MVP: Raiders’ QB Jim Plunkett. Tickets: $40.00.

1981 was the only year that my Dad didn't care about the superbowl! He got ME instead!

7 comments:

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMEE. You, my friend, are golden all the way through.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

It was not th ONLY year that I did not care about the super bowl....
BUT I did get a trophy... YOU!

AND the MVP was a co-MVP. Goes to your MOM and YOU. (You had to work that day as well.)

It was a SPECIAL DAY as have each and every one of the 9,125+ the 6-7 leap days have been since.

I love you.
dad

Brent said...

Very nice. Is there a website for that, or is that your personal research? either way, impressive. ;)

Aim Claim said...

personal research... I had some free time :)

tricia said...

Yay for Birthdays! You know, my golden birthday was 20 years ago...how sad!

Hope you had a great one!

Mark D said...

Happy belated birthday!!! So sorry I missed the actual day.